This is the answer to the question "do you think about Rush" I read in the Itriago Salvador Blog. My answer was so long that I stuck out his tongue Blogspot (but with a clip!) So the copy here to read full. And there he goes.
(Suspiro!)
was 1982, and I had just turned 10 years old. I heard "Signals" for the first time, and I turned the brain. At that time I had not seen pictures of the band and sang a woman swore that, lol!. Then in a Discotienda bought a huge poster with pictures which I later learned were from the tour of Exit, Stage Left. I did not hear much else to Grace Under Pressure, and impressed me again. Then I got curious and listened to "pa'tras." Ment heard in Moving Pictures, Hemispheres and Permanent Waves knew I was fanatical (Well, actually the thing was among them, Genesis, Yes and Saga!). Although they had the advantage of a poster and a bumper sticker of 2112 on my door (against a poster of Genesis, Yes and only the desire to reproduce the cover of "Tales from Topographic Oceans" in the bathroom wall, haha!)
Now more seriously: I used to think Peart wonders. In the early 90s saw a video of the Buddy Rich Memorial Foundation where he was invited to the annual concert used to do (I do not know if you still do) next to beasts as Wil Calhoun, Omar Hakim, and (I think it was in the same concert) Steve Smith. These concerts were known to gather, with the big band of Buddy Rich, a famous drummers to accompany the band and "cast one alone." IN the first edition "were hard," Gadd, Colaiuta and Weckel, two songs each with the band, and an end to ALL THREE TOGETHER ... an animal. Peart is the case that accompanied the big band very well, some demure but doing the work. And when it was time for only .. guess what? The same, the same single All The World'sa Stage, the same as Exit .. Stage Left, the same as Show of Hands ... I was stiff. Will that this type up what touches, their environment and within yourself? In a structure like RUSH works more than well ... but in my opinion (very personal of course) this was a golden opportunity to show another facet of Peart, and not to repeat more of the same ... Left a bit disappointed. : (For when it comes out Roll the Bones, Guitar Player magazine interviewed Lee and Lifeson, and was the funniest novels to know that Lifeson looked after lunch, and that Lee was falling "pineapple" with a sequencer (running on a Mac or Atari, I do not remember) and that Peart was still the poet of the case. I love his lyrics, though.
are a great band (although "Counterparts" left me wondering a lot of them for a while ... I thought "after all have to find a meal where there is" but I feared a mutation Canada-Seattle at the time) Test for Echo the widely claimed me .. and most of the disc, the video "A work in Progress" where Peart has been shown as human, fallible, sensitive and above all humility, with the ability to reinvent and re-education, something most of us musicians should give us the opportunity each while, to keep the course and refresh our original purpose. You've gut
clouds that image a little resemblance Pressure_ Grace Under jejeje! In December 1991, I remember, I was assistant director of Roland Learning Center, and the Christmas concert (which ended in a hyper-rumba musicians ravines), invite some friends to do a Tribute to Rush (Where Lifeson was the one who sang, lol!) And we feasted with Subdivisions ( possibly my favorite), YYZ, The Pass, Red Barchetta, Tom Sawyer, Spirit of the Radio, Mission and La Villa ... The curious fact is that the keyboard was a drummer friend (My friend Sasha Lomédico, who have not heard in years!) Who lived in San Antonio, and who did not know nor bearish (Leonce Mollegas) and I (who was Guitar) and with whom we had not tried before. The feast day, the dude came up with an M1, we showed up, and I remember the only thing I asked is "I know the issues? In the original key?" and then not looked back. Fortunately went well (or maybe we were too drunk to notice, haha!)
0 comments:
Post a Comment